Supervisor: Sr. Director of Operations and Finance
Mission, Vision and Values:
In the performance of one’s job, the employee reflects the mission, vision and values by participating in the provision of convenient, cost-effective, quality surgical care.
The Finance Generalist can expect to work with large amounts of numerical data, handle multiple tasks with deadlines, and provide transparent and complete reports to management. This position should work efficiently without sacrificing accuracy, have a firm grasp of accounting and financial practices and regulations and possess strong computer and verbal and written communication skills.
This position works directly with the Finance and HR Departments and has a wide range of duties within the financial scope. Also assists with Accounts Payable, filing, scanning case costing, inventory, HIPAA compliance, credit card expense management, performing department improvement projects, maintaining compliance protocols, and maintaining financial controls.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Provides detailed and complete accounting and financial entries
- Details and accurate organization of documents
- Maintains confidentiality
- Follows GAAP and related accounting guidelines
- Month and year end reporting process including generating reports from HST and QuickBooks for month and year end accounting
- Practices processes and procedures to reduce potential for fraud and abuse
- Focused on the financial success and long term prosperity of the organization
- Trains to Accounts Payable
- Support all departments of the organization with financial and statistical reporting and data analysis
- Other duties as assigned by the Senior Director of Operations and Finance and the HR Director
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor degree in accounting or related field or comparable work experience preferred.
- Minimum one year related finance, data analytics or accounting experience, preferably in a health care setting.
- Practical experience in advanced Excel applications preferred.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Demonstrated interpersonal communication skills in order to facilitate effective interaction with a variety of health care professionals and personnel
- Experience with accounting software and data entry
- Excellent understanding of accounting rules and procedures including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Advanced knowledge and experience of spreadsheets
- Ability to work independently and to organize and to prioritize work efficiently to achieve the Center’s goals.
- Keyboard skills of 50 wpm minimum.
- Ability to operate computers, various software packages (particularly Microsoft Office,Microsoft Windows, QuickBooks applications and Google G Suite). Ability to operate equipment such as copy machines, fax machines and other common office equipment.
- Ability to compose correspondence: proficient in English and grammar.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to speak effectively before customers or employees of the organization. Demonstrates good interpersonal communications skills. Must be able to speak and understand English as well as written communication.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully
- Develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations
- Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics
- Technical Skills – Assessing own strengths and weaknesses; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit while using computer and/or phone as well as stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Normal hospital environment with exposure to chemical odors, cleaning solvents, and other hazardous materials.
- Exposure to possible injury when working with electrical equipment and lasers which requires care and following proper safety procedures.
Sedentary __X__Primarily sitting/lifting 10 lbs. maximum
Light ____Lifting 20 lbs maximum with frequent lifting/carrying up to 10 lbs
Medium ____Lifting 50 lbs. maximum with frequent lifting/carrying up to 20 lbs
Heavy __ _Lifting 100 lbs maximum with frequent lifting/carrying up to 50 lbs
Very Heavy ____Lifting over 100 lbs with frequent lifting/carrying up to 50 lbs
Based on the OSHA guidelines for protection against occupational exposure to Hepatitis and HIV, this position is described as Category I. This means that this position has exposure to blood and body fluids. Policies are in place for Universal Precautions identifying exposure risks and appropriate barrier protection.
The above is intended to describe the general content and requirements for the performance for this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.